Monday, June 27, 2011

MORE "B"


Just ahead of tomorrow's release of her album "4," Beyonce made global headlines this weekend after nailing her debut headlining gig at the Glastonbury Festival.
The reviews couldn’t be more congratulatory, undoubtedly a nice change of pace for the 29-year-old, who’s weathered lukewarm response to her single “Run the World (Girls.)


The Guardian commended the pop superstar for kicking the show off with a bang and never letting the excitement slip. Harper’s Bazaar added that she lived up to her reputation, with Rolli
ng Stone calling it a “bold, crowd-pleasing spectacle" and Billboard viewing it as "career-defining."
She launched into the 90-minute set with “Crazy in Love” and then worked her way through a number of hits, including “Single Ladies” and “Telephone” in addition to covers of Kings of Leon’s "sex on fire"and Alanis Morissette’s “You Oughta Know."

When all was said and done, George Michael acknowledged the singer’s efforts, tweeting, “Just watching Beyonce's performance at Glastonbury. I love that woman. Great artist, writer, singer, person ... Something so generous about the fact that she covered songs that acknowledged Glastonbury's typical audience. Very few American artists ... would take the time or have the respect for a foreign audience to do that. She just gets better and better."
Beyonce herself was taken aback by the moment, telling her audience, “I wanted you all to know, right now you are witnessing my dream. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for having me and my band here.
“I always wanted to be a rock star,” she continued, “and tonight we are all rock stars … I still can’t believe I’m performing at Glastonbury.”
Check out a clip below:

No comments:

Post a Comment