Tuesday, September 27, 2011

PITBULL Vs. LOHAN



Pitbull has responded to a lawsuit filed by Lindsay Lohan, who claims that the rapper disparaged her name in his recent hit "Give Me Everything." In a statement on his official website, the Miami rapper says that the line in question – "I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan" – was not meant to be taken so harshly. "When I mention Lindsay Lohan in the record it’s really a positive message,” he wrote. "When I say I got it locked up, if you play at the park, if you from the neighborhood, when they say you got it locked up, that means you run that area."
"I was very surprised when I found out about the lawsuit," says Pitbull. "To me it was very ironic, to be honest with you. At first I read it and I thought, ‘It’s gotta be a joke.’ [But] come to find out that’s it’s very realistic."
Lohan's lawsuit asserts that Pitbull's lyrics have caused her "irreparable harm." The rapper insists that he did not mean to hurt her career, and has invited Lohan to appear with him on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday when he performs the tune with Ne-Yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment