Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Harry Boozer



Now that Daniel Radcliffe's decade-long turn as "Harry Potter" is drawing to a close, the actor is revealing some personal details about life behind the scenes at Hogwarts. The 21-year-old says in an interview with GQ UK that by the time he was filming "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," he was drinking to deal with the fame.“I became reliant on [alcohol] to enjoy stuff … There were a few years there when I was just so enamored with the idea of living some sort of famous person’s lifestyle that really isn’t suited to me," the actor reveals in the interview according to U.K. paper the Telegraph.
Although he'd begun drinking whiskey on the set of his 2009 film, Radcliffe says he was able to avoid paparazzi evidence. “I really got away with that," he says, "because there were so many instances when a paparazzi shot like that could have been taken."
He soon realized that something had to change, and as of last August gave up alcohol altogether.
"As much as I would love to be a person that goes to parties and has a couple of drinks and has a nice time, that doesn't work for me. I do that very unsuccessfully," Radcliffe admits. "I'd just rather sit at home and read, or talk to somebody that makes me laugh. There's no shame in enjoying the quiet life. And that's been the realization of the past few years for me."
Besides, he says, "I'm actually enjoying the fact that I can have a relationship with my girlfriend where I'm really pleasant and not f--ing up totally all of the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment